Sunday, 17 January 2016

Whut? Who won an Oscar?!

That's right, another mid film homework!

With all those awesome actors, well maybe performances (mickey rourke isn't always the best to be fair) I want some shout outs for some terrible choices made by the academy.

This could end up being two fold, it could be amazing performances that lost out, or just 'who won an Oscar?' moments.

A weird one, and possibly controversial one, from me is John Wayne. Have you seen true grit? It was pretty awful!

How about Marlon Brandon, on the water front beating out Bogey's captain queeg?

Sean Penn beating rourke with his soap box politician performance, grrrr.

There must be loads out there! Oh wait, Sandra Bollocks, making stallone look like a veritable Robert de Niro in demolition man along with many other similarly wooden performances on her cv managed to get and Oscar in blindside.

Have at it!

4 comments:

  1. Heath Ledger winning best supporting actor in 2009 for Batman. He was really good as the Joker but I don't think it was an Oscar winning performance. Does anyone else think that if he had still been alive then he wouldn't have won?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think is performance was phenomenal actually and in the category he was in with the other actors he was up against I really do think dead or alive he deserved that Oscar xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Sorry its late....
    Right so my omg I can't believe they won is for best supporting actress. And the winner is...
    Jennifer Hudson for "Dream girls"...
    What are you actually for real...?
    So basically she sings through most of the film, hardly any acting/ emotion involved and personally I think it's a pretty terrible film. Also when you consider the talent she was up against that year I can't actually believe she won..
    I think it should have gone to Cate Blanchett that year for the fantastic film "Notes on a scandal" if you haven't seen it you really must.

    ReplyDelete