Saturday, 2 January 2016

Favourite actors without an Oscar!

Weekend homework task to follow!

Who are your 3 favourite loser actors? They may well be nominated but clearly not good enough for the academy.

I'll start the ball rolling;

Ralph Fiennes - how has he been missed, did they not see In Bruges, and Voldermort, bravo. Actually loved him in Grand Budapest, completely irreplaceable.

Leo - so many times he could've and should've won it, but for me Monsieur Candie was just too terrifying not to win.

Last one, bit controversial but here goes...

Mickey Rourke - he was just so scintillating in that iron man sequel! OK ok, so he's actually a bit shit, but the wrestler was incredible and Sean Penn was the predictable choice that year and yes I'm still a little bitter about that one, and don't start me on district 9!

There are soooo many more out there, I know how much Carl loves Mark Wahlberg.

Let's hear them then, have at it.

13 comments:

  1. So Matt you have basically picked mine so couldn't agree any more with you.
    Right well here are some others of mine!

    First off how James Stewart never won the Oscar for George Bailey in its a wonderful life is just crazy. To me his performance was pure perfection!

    Second choice -, Leonardo DiCaprio as Arnie grape in what's eating Gilbert grape is so beautifully portrayed and so believable. Leo is such a talented actor and from such a young age so effortless!

    Third on my list is tilda swinton as Ava in we need to talk about Kevin. Wow what a film, i couldnt stop thinking about this film for weeks it was incredablely performed by all the cast. The feel of this film was so creepy and tense it was just perfect! tilda is just so amazing in this film but perhaps due to the taboo subject of the film, this film never even got nominated! Booo!

    So I shall pick another instead
    3(b Angelina jolie as Christine Collins in the changling. This film is so heart breaking and the cast is so strong. Our Angie is breath taking in this her performance is so raw and believable. Very talented actor!

    What about district 9!? It's awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Matt you have basically picked mine so couldn't agree any more with you.
    Right well here are some others of mine!

    First off how James Stewart never won the Oscar for George Bailey in its a wonderful life is just crazy. To me his performance was pure perfection!

    Second choice -, Leonardo DiCaprio as Arnie grape in what's eating Gilbert grape is so beautifully portrayed and so believable. Leo is such a talented actor and from such a young age so effortless!

    Third on my list is tilda swinton as Ava in we need to talk about Kevin. Wow what a film, i couldnt stop thinking about this film for weeks it was incredablely performed by all the cast. The feel of this film was so creepy and tense it was just perfect! tilda is just so amazing in this film but perhaps due to the taboo subject of the film, this film never even got nominated! Booo!

    So I shall pick another instead
    3(b Angelina jolie as Christine Collins in the changling. This film is so heart breaking and the cast is so strong. Our Angie is breath taking in this her performance is so raw and believable. Very talented actor!

    What about district 9!? It's awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got around to seeing the tilda Swinton film. Looked great though. Really need to see it.

    I loved district 9, especially sharlto copley and it got snubbed by the academy, why 'genre films' can't get Oscars anymore I don't know, it's ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iv got it. I will bring that and the glenn miller story round on wed for you to watch. :-)

      Delete
  4. I loved it it was the best SciFi film I had seen in years! In fact I might watch that again tonight... Bloody prawns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, tilda Swinton in Kevin is an amazing call... I feel like you guys have kinda nailed this topic, you've named the ones I would have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate, tilda Swinton in Kevin is an amazing call... I feel like you guys have kinda nailed this topic, you've named the ones I would have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Due in part to today's news I feel Alan Rickman should get a mention. His performances were always flawless, his character's iconic and his voice unforgettable. What an incredibly diverse and wonderful actor. I will always love his performances and am sad he will make no more. It's a great shame he was never recognised by the Academy, but then again what do they know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Adam! Alan had something very special about him. Sad day. He can have an award from the film club!

      Delete