I know it's a day late but I couldn't decide on a film for this week.
I have finally decided that this week's film should be Dogma. It's a film that I have been meaning to watch again for a long time as I've only seen it once and that was about 12 Years ago!!
With the devastating news of Alan Rickman passing away I felt that I had to pick one of his films and I didn't think that Sense and Sensibility or one of the Harry Potter films would be a big hit with everyone!!
I can't pose any questions for you to start off any discussions as I can't remember a great deal about this film other than Alan Rickman being smooth like action man and Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are rebellious angels.
Give it a watch and write your comments. As last time, first to comment after watching gets to pick the next film in a fortnight. Enjoy ☺
Great choice Zoe I was going to watch this on my own Friday night before you had posted this so when I read this I waited for Carl and We actually watched this film last night. I haven't seen it in years and I laughed so much! I couldn't believe how much of the film I had forgotten about. I mean honestly how on earth could I Have forgotten about Alan Rickmans ken doll mr area...? Haha so funny! I love a good indie film, now I know this is more of a slight stab at mainstream but its still very indie none the less... the casting is fantastic and anything that pokes fun at religion is a hit with me... really enjoyed re watching Dogma.
ReplyDeleteI suppose my questions are;
Do you think this is too mainstream for a Kevin Smith film?
If you were god what would you put in place for earth that would amuse you, your own private joke that would always be the norm on earth...?
And last but not least do you think that the platypus is a joke..?
:-)
Good choice Zoe! A bit more accessible for us non film buffs! (Which, thinking about it, is only me!) I love Dogma! It does make me chuckle a lot. Everyone looks so young in it now. I have always loved the idea that Alanis Morrisette is God and as Katy said, anything that pokes fun at religion is good by me. Also, how awesome is Silent Bob's acting! How someone can say so much without actually talking is great! I love it all really Lucy xx
ReplyDelete