Wednesday, 10 August 2016

The Walk

So, I decided to watch Flight the other day and forgot just how awesome and moving that film is. I quickly remembered that it had to be awesome, denzel + zemeckis = winner! It was weird how you liked this abusive alcoholic on the back of him being an amazing pilot and that he's denzel probably. If you haven't seen that, go, watch it, like now!

In a similar vein to Zoe's post I'm going for one I haven't seen before, and one with hopefully a winning formula just like flight. It's zemeckis and another actor I love, Joseph Gordon-Levitt!

I don't know a huge amount about this one, it has middlin' reviews but could be a little gem, we'll see.

I'm also quite excited about watching allied, we'll have to wait a while on that one me thinks!

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, I forgot this existed... I've seen man on wire, which is excellent... Hopefuly this will be 1/2 as good!

    Also flight rules....... Of course it does, it's denzel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely film!
    I absolutely loved this one.

    Joseph Gordon Levitt was just magnificent!
    So I love the documentary "man on a wire" and felt that this was just a perfect film adaptation of what happened.

    Such an amazingly unbelievable story. this film made me nervous even though I knew the out come and smile from ear to ear.

    Philip as a person is so charismatic and theatrical. I feel that joesph captured him beautifully.

    The closing shot brought a tear to my eye.

    Great choice Matt xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated it... Stupid French tightrope man... Joseph whatshisface was crap in it. That man can't act! Rubbish choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok... Jokes.

      Thought it was really good! Nobody does feelgood like zemekis! I think I preferred the documentary overall but they did a Damn good job with this and it was an amazing performance!

      Enjoyed it!

      Delete
    2. Ok... Jokes.

      Thought it was really good! Nobody does feelgood like zemekis! I think I preferred the documentary overall but they did a Damn good job with this and it was an amazing performance!

      Enjoyed it!

      Delete
  5. I really loved this film. Joseph Gordon Levitt was as awesome as ever. I felt myself getting very panicked with the heights. The closing scene brought a tear to my eye too. Not seen the documentary but will definitely give it a watch based on how good this film was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete