Wednesday, 10 August 2016

A girl walks home alone at night

So I have been meaning to watch this film since it was released at the cinemas but for some reason I have kept putting it off.

I have never seen an Iranian film and this sounds like it would be right up my street.

So basically it's set in a beat up run down good for nothing town and there is a skate boarding vampire that prays on men who disrespects women. This film is shot in black and white and is a horror/romance/comedy.
It is also compared to sin city with a Western/horror style...

I think this film will either be a love it or hate it one...

I hope that it's not shit...

3 comments:

  1. Somewhere between utterly gripped and bored.....

    OK, so I didn't find this a love it or hate it film. Instead I found some parts that I loved and some that... Well I wouldn't say hated, but I felt it was a bit over arty!

    The cinematography is amazing. This film has a few scenes which are just stunning visually and in the way that they were written and performed. For that alone it's worth the watch.... Without spoilers.. The mirroring scene! Yes!

    The soundtrack was amazing, not my type of music but it worked so well, and some of the little choices like how the sound changed when a light turned on and off during one scene were great.

    The overall story was pretty cool and at points I was totally gripped, I laughed, I was shocked and there's even a bit of romance (although I don't think this is one for lucy)

    So with all those positives... Surely it adds up to an amazing film!... For me it just falls short, there were times when I was bored and felt it was being arty for the sake of it, and I wanted it to end a little sooner. But that being said, I did really enjoy watching this, and I never would have. It's definitely worth a watch, think everyone will have a different opinion on this film and for that reason I think it's one of the best choices yet! Good one Katy!

    We found it on kodi, the second subtitles down worked a treat with a delay of about 1.6 seconds that needs sorting!

    Happy watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very fair review carl. I can see where you are coming from completely.

      Me personally I really enjoyed it. Loved the fact that there were so many pause's. I love a film that makes you try and think what is going though the characters mind...

      Absolutely loved the story, the cinematography, the acting, the costume, the music and the cat (definitely stole the show)!

      Two moments in this film melted my heart. One from the scene where the girl meets Dracula and the other is the scene where they meet at the power plant. I don't want to say what bits in particular as I don't want to spoil it but if you watch it I think you will know which moments I mean.

      I totally get that this is not a film for everyone and understand it's a bit out there so you might get a bit bored.

      Sorry in advance.

      Hope you enjoy it xx

      Delete
  2. We finally got caught up with this one. Some of the camera work was pretty fascinating and the soundtrack was good but definitely too arty for me, I struggled to keep hold of a thread through this one. I liked ashrans character. I didn't wholly get the moral bit, I thought she seemed to prey on the depraved (I might get sex tattooed to my throat) then befriends a prostitute and falls for a drug dealing theif while having a quick snack on a nobody homeless dude!

    I think I'm possibly a bit too simple!

    ReplyDelete