I thought I would pick a film this time that I haven't seen and I came across this one, a Cohen brothers film that I haven't seen or even heard of before! I apologise if it's rubbish but thought it might be good as most if their other stuff is ☺️ Enjoy!!!
So, we watched it. I forgot how much I had enjoyed this the first time around. I actually like Billy Bob in this. For a film that feels like not very much is happening loads goes on in it. Very roll along paced more like a hard boiled, pulp fiction novel than a third man type film noir I reckon.
ReplyDeleteBottom line, not my favourite coen brothers film but still a great choice zoe!
First of all, great choice zoe! This was a beautifully shot and stylish film that I probably never would have watched and ended up really enjoying. The cinematography, the music, the casting... All amazing, a real joy to watch. My only criticism is that I really really enjoyed the first half and then it just seemed to sort of untangle and drag a little, and I'm not sure about the supernatural element
ReplyDelete... Didn't really get what it was supposed to mean or represent. That said, I'm really glad we watched it! Coin brothers are great!!
Good choice! What's next Matthews?
What a cool film!
ReplyDeleteThis was so beautifully shot in film noir and the casting was brilliant. I agree completely with Carl that the first half of this film was spot on I loved the slow build up but then I feel like the piano was overpowering the monologues and the tale twisted and dragged on a bit and I didn't like the supernatural bit. With that aside I really did enjoy watching this film and if this wasnt suggested I don't think I would have watched this film.
Awesome choice Zoe xx
What a cool film!
ReplyDeleteThis was so beautifully shot in film noir and the casting was brilliant. I agree completely with Carl that the first half of this film was spot on I loved the slow build up but then I feel like the piano was overpowering the monologues and the tale twisted and dragged on a bit and I didn't like the supernatural bit. With that aside I really did enjoy watching this film and if this wasnt suggested I don't think I would have watched this film.
Awesome choice Zoe xx