We all have our favourites, I don't want to just know the obvious ones, I want the guilty pleasures as well!
I think one of my favourites was the late, great Philip Seymour Hoffman. He made me like mission impossible again! oh, yeah, and those tiny hands in The Savages, although I think they may have featured in other films to a lesser comedic extent. For a short, portly, hardly chiselled chap he commanded so much attention on screen, even in the big lebowski, and yes Twister as well (why does DC love Bill Paxton so much???).
The first time I really noticed him was in Capote, how great was that film? I bet, just like myself, none og you have seen it since the cinema have you?
Have at it, what films will you watch based on the premise that one of your favourite actors has a starring role?
Nice one Matt. Well along with you PSH was always one to watch for me and you're right I haven't watched Capote since the cinema but I feel I should now!
ReplyDeleteFor me obvious ones such as Matt Damon, Tom Hardy and Leo will make me watch any film as well as Nathan Fillion and Bruce Campbell but for completely different reasons. Mostly awesomeness of course like White Noise:a the Light, Super, Slither and the likes of Bubb Ho Tep, My Name is Bruce and the Sam Raimi Spiderman movies (in Spiderman 3 Bruce's performance was the stand out by a long way) to a lesser extent Congo and Alien Invasion :) as some of you will know I will also happily watch anything that feature Steven Seagal. What a guy!
More recently I have been drawn to Tom Hiddleston who I think is one of the best young British actors out there. I know it's not a film but his performances in The Night Manager were spectacular. If you haven't watched it yet you should!
On top of that Sean Bean is my other go to actor, no matter what it is I will watch it and like it if he's in it!
Oh and Fassbender, he's a genius!
Ooooh this one is hard for me because we all know I love James Stewart and Doris Day. I would watch anything with these two in it... I mean anything! I know they are pretty obvious so let me try again but know that these are the true chosen two!
ReplyDeleteI would watch anything with the following actors in it good or bad film;
Patrick swayze ("To Wong Foo, thanks for everything!" Fantastic who doesn't want to see swayze and snipes in drag!)
Arnold Schwarzenegger (jingle all the way is a festive classic!)
Eddie Murphy ("I, I, I, want the knife pleaseeee!" who doesn't love "The golden child")
Will Smith (who doesn't love Hitch!)
Goldie Horn ("bird on a wire" & "private Benjamin" who doesnt love a spot of sexism!)
Kurt Russell ("overboard" just because it the best romcom ever and then they got togetherfor real forever!)
Oscar Isaac ("two faces of January" is the Hitchcock film of our time that Hitch cocktails never made. "A most violent year" turns out not so violent in the eyes of a mobster but in the eyes of the average Joe... I'd say very violent)
May I add that it used to be Johnny Depp but now he just angers me with his shit film choices!
Thank you and good night :-)
Hey, now there is a marketing idea! Hitchcock inspired cocktails haha
DeleteHey, now there is a marketing idea! Hitchcock inspired cocktails haha
DeleteOoooh this one is hard for me because we all know I love James Stewart and Doris Day. I would watch anything with these two in it... I mean anything! I know they are pretty obvious so let me try again but know that these are the true chosen two!
ReplyDeleteI would watch anything with the following actors in it good or bad film;
Patrick swayze ("To Wong Foo, thanks for everything!" Fantastic who doesn't want to see swayze and snipes in drag!)
Arnold Schwarzenegger (jingle all the way is a festive classic!)
Eddie Murphy ("I, I, I, want the knife pleaseeee!" who doesn't love "The golden child")
Will Smith (who doesn't love Hitch!)
Goldie Horn ("bird on a wire" & "private Benjamin" who doesnt love a spot of sexism!)
Kurt Russell ("overboard" just because it the best romcom ever and then they got togetherfor real forever!)
Oscar Isaac ("two faces of January" is the Hitchcock film of our time that Hitch cocktails never made. "A most violent year" turns out not so violent in the eyes of a mobster but in the eyes of the average Joe... I'd say very violent)
May I add that it used to be Johnny Depp but now he just angers me with his shit film choices!
Thank you and good night :-)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWell... Looks like me and Katy are sitting down to watch after earth, wild wild west, meet dave and Dr doolitle 2 based on her choices! Ha!... There were some good calls though, love Oscar Isaacs and obviously arnie can do no wrong!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what I have to add that's not obvious! So I'll add my obvious ones!
Tom hanks... I'll watch even average films with him in...larry crowne anyone?
Denzel...... Deja vu would annoy the piss out of me if it's premise was a star trek episode (Adam knows what I mean here) but put Denzel in and it's awesome... I'd even watch star trek if he was in it! Ha
Daniel day Lewis... For me, he's probably the greatest living actor, my left foot is one of my favourite performances ever, and I could watch gangs of new York 1000 times just for bill the butcher.
Also gonna chuck out Robin Williams, so versatile, so funny, so gentle in films like awakenings (which I love) and patch Adams... Such a loss. The only exception to this is what dreams may come which I hate!
Beyond this there's some more obvious ones already mentioned like Leo... And I'm growing an appreciation for Joseph Gordon Levitt and Eddie redmayne.
Interesting how we haven't come up with a female actor (apart from doris day) there's loads of performances I love, but I couldn't think of anyone who stood out as someone I would go and see whatever they were in?? Thoughts....
Also... I dislike Christian bale... Just thought I'd add that :p ha
I think you all seem to have named all of mine!!
ReplyDeleteA couple of extras that I love, Sly Stallone!! He can do no wrong in my eyes, especially some of his newer films, Rocky Balboa, Escape Plan (this is made really awesome by him teaming up with Arnie) and of course Creed!
Benedict Cumberbatch, he made such an awesome Khan in Star Trek!! I can't think of anything that I haven't liked him in.
Cate Blanchett, she's so beautiful and really awesome.
Martin Freeman!! He's amazing! I know it's not a film but I loved him in series 1 of Fargo and he was really awesome as Bilbo in The Hobbit.
Hugh Jackman, Les Mis!! AMAZING!!
Russell Crowe, loved him in Gladiator.
And a final guilty pleasure, Mark Wahlberg :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete