As Carl hasn't written a post for his film and it's been nearly a month since the last post, I have decided to steal Carl's turn to keep the blog from dying!!
I'm carrying on the Humphrey Bogart theme and I've picked The African Queen. I haven't seen this film for a very long time so I can't remember a great deal about it. I remember thinking it was weird to see Humphrey Bogart in colour!! If I remember correctly, the majority of this film is Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn on a boat in Africa. This is another great performance from Mr Bogart!
Seemed like a good excuse to watch this again, love the chemistry between bogey and Hepburn, such an amazing film. Makes me want to watch all that Bogart schnizz!
ReplyDelete... Was just about to post about raging Bull before we sit down to watch it...damn you zoe!
Delete... Was just about to post about raging Bull before we sit down to watch it...damn you zoe!
DeleteI have been wanting to watch this film for absolute years so thank you Zoe!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this film but it wasn't what I expected at all. For some reason I thought it would be more violent... (think iv watched far too many arnies films as a child)
I really loved this film,there is something very special about the connection between bogart and hepburn.
The moment where they first kiss was so beautiful.
Oh I do love how time has changed and the fact that being called an old maid is the worse thing in the world!
I feel that bogart was very much the gentleman throughout this film. I mean if she poured all my gin away I would have bloody tipped her out! Haha bet there was a great deal of drunk fish and crocodiles!
The only thing I didn't like about this film was how thin Katherine hepburn was... I was worried all the way through the film thinking oh no she's going to pass out soon...
All this aside I really enjoyed this film but im sorry to say this is not on my top classic films list.
Good choice of film Zoe.
Xx